Institutional Scholarship

Schuylkill Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends)

Schuylkill Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends)

 

An indulged meeting known as Charlestown was established in 1812 under the care of Valley Preparative Meeting and Radnor Monthly Meeting. The meeting for worship was established by Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting in 1815. The Orthodox branch of this meeting was discontinued in 1828. In 1843, Charlestown Meeting (Hicksite) became Schuylkill Preparative Meting of Radnor Monthly Meeting. In 1850, the preparative meeting was discontinued, and its members were attached to Valley Preparative Meeting. An indulged meeting at Schuylkill was established in 1850. This meeting was transferred to Valley Monthly Meeting in 1936. In 1954, this meeting became Schuylkill Monthly Meeting.

Recent Submissions

  • Schuylkill Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends) (2015)
    Survey of Schuylkill Friends Meeting burial ground, 2015.