Newtown Square Monthly Meeting was established in 1939 by Concord Quarterly Meeting (Hicksite) out of Newtown Preparative Meeting (Delaware County) at the dissolution of the original Goshen Monthly Meeting. It became a united meeting in 1952 by affiliation with the two Concord Quarterly Meetings. In 1955, the monthly meeting was transferred to the newly-formed Haverford Quarterly Meeting. From 1983 to 1988, the monthly meeting was under the oversight of Haverford Quarterly Meeting. However, it continued to hold regular meetings for business. Newtown Square is currently an active monthly meeting.