Goshen Monthly Meeting was established in 12mo 1721/2 by Chester [Concord] Quarterly Meeting out of Chester Monthly Meeting (Pa.). Its first business sessions opened in 1722. In 1827, at the time of the Hicksite separation in Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, the meeting split into Hicksite and Orthodox branches. In 1939, the three preparative meetings constituting Goshen Monthly Meeting (Hicksite), Goshen, Newtown and Willistown were established as monthly meetings. The original Hicksite meeting held its last business sessions in 1940. In 1956, the second Goshen Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) merged with Goshen Monthly Meeting at Malvern, the former Orthodox meeting, to form the present-day Goshen Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.