Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends. Concord Quarterly Meeting of Friends

Permanent URI for this collection

Chester Quarterly Meeting was established by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting in 1683; its first business sessions opened in 12mo 1683/84. In 1800, the name of this meeting was changed to Concord. After the Separation, there were two Concord Quarterly Meetings. The Hicksite and Orthodox branches merged in 1955, and several monthly meetings were transfered from Concord to the newly-formed Chester and Haverford Quarterly Meetings. Concord Quarterly Meeting is currently active.


Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.